My Little Pony Costume Contest
***CONTEST ENTRIES HAVE NOW CLOSED***
Want to win a complete set of the My Little Pony DVDs?!? Here’s your chance with a fun costume contest. You can enter in person at San Diego Comic-Con at our booth (#4118) or online at the Shout! Kids Facebook page!
To Enter In Person At San Diego Comic-Con:
- Dress as your favorite My Little Pony character.
- Come to the Shout! Factory booth (#4118) anytime (Thursday through Sunday of Comic-Con).
- Fill out an entry form.
- Get your picture taken in front of the fabulous Shout! green screen featuring the upcoming My Little Pony Equestria Girls movie, Friendship Games!
- Win cool prizes!
- Grand Prize: $150 American Express gift card PLUS a set of MLP DVDs from Shout! Kids.
- Four daily winners will receive a $100 American Express gift card.
- FREE Comic-Con exclusive My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Friendship Gamesbutton for everyone who comes to the booth!
To Enter Online:
- Like the Shout! Kids Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShoutKids.
- Post a photo of yourself or your child dressed as a My Little Pony character to the Shout! Kids FB page between July 9, 2015 and July 24, 2015.
- Check back to Shout! Kids FB page the week of July 27, 2015 to see if you’re a winner!
- Win a cool prize!
- One winner will receive a set of the MLP DVDs from Shout! Kids.
Rules and restrictions apply. Please see the Shout! Factory booth for the in-person rules or below for the official online rules.
Shout! Factory’s“My Little Pony SDCC Costume Contest” Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The My Little Pony SDCC Costume Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older as of 7/9/2015, with access to the Internet at all times during the Contest Period (as defined below) and subsequent Prize Award Period (as defined below).All employees of Shout! Factory, LLC (“Sponsor” or “SF”) and all associated agencies and each of their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees, prize providers or agents, and all of their respective officers, directors and employees (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor collectively, “Contest Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Contest.All minors must have consent from a parent or legal guardian to participate in the Contest.All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.Void where prohibited by law.Entry in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, your consent to receive e-mail messages from the Contest Entities solely in connection with the Contest, and acknowledgement that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on 7/9/2015 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on 7/24/2015 at 5:00 p.m. PST (the “Contest Period”).
3. CONTEST ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: There are two (2) separate ways to enter this Contest: either through an Online Entry or by Mail-In Entry (defined below in Section 4). During the Contest Entry Period, you may submit an entry online (“Online Entry”) at http://www.facebook.com/shoutkids by uploading a photograph (the “Photo”) that meets the requirements set in these Official Rules. If you do not yet have a Facebook account, you can create a free account at http://www.facebook.com. Limit one (1) entry per person and per e-mail address during the Contest Period. Any attempts by an entrant to submit more than one (1) entry into this Contest will result in such entrant being disqualified. If any dispute arises as to the identity of an entrant, the entrant shall be considered the person who owns the Internet account through which the entry was sent to the Contest. By uploading your Photo, you are giving Sponsor the right to post your Photo on its Facebook page and/or on its website (www.shoutfactory.com) or other public websites, and you are assigning all ownership rights and usage rights to your Photo submission to the Contest Entities.
4.ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ENTRY: Entrants who choose not to upload their Photo to Facebook may send their Photo entry and and email contact information to: My Little Pony SDCC Entries, c/o Shout! Factory, LLC, 2034 Armacost Avenue, First Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90025 (“Mail-In Entry”).Mail-In Entries must be received by 7/24/2015 to be eligible to participate in the contest. By mailing in your Photo, you are giving Sponsor the right to post your Photo on its Facebook page and/or on its website (www.shoutfactory.com) or other public websites, and you are assigning all ownership rights and usage rights to your Photo submission to the Contest Entities.
5. PHOTO REQUIREMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS: Entrants by submitting a Photo assign all ownership and usage rights to the Photo to the Contest Entities. No collaborative or third party material is permitted unless such material is in the public domain (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media, or music).If Sponsor is notified that any element of a Photo infringes upon the rights of another person and/or receives a legally valid request (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) to remove or invalidate the affected Photo because of infringement, that Photo may be removed and disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Photo that has received an award from another competition or contest or that has been optioned or purchased by a third party is not eligible. Any content depicting a third party will require express written permission by that third party for consent to be in the Photo and for the Photo to be used for any purpose including commercial purposes, but winner will be only the entrant submitting the Photo (no groups).Entrants should identify themselves by first name only in the Photo, if at all, and should not provide any other personally identifying information – if they do, they are releasing the Contest Entities from any and all liability associated with public disclosure of such information in the Photo. You must have the permission of any people in the Photo (or their parent or legal guardian in the case of minors) to include them in your upload.
The Photo content submitted must:
-Depict you (or a minor to whom you are the parent or legal guardian) dressed as a My Little Pony;
-be the work solely of, and totally original to, entrant;
-be suitable for general audiences (may not be obscene, indecent or objectionable, including but not limited to nudity, pornography, violent, illegal or profane depictions, in Contest Entities’ sole discretion).
The Photo content submitted must not:
-be in bad taste or controversial in the way it portrays any group or individuals;
-be derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
-include images of any object, location or building with brand names or logos, other than My Little Pony, Hasbro, or SF’s brand name or logo;
-contain any personal identification, such as license plate number(s), personal name(s), e-mail address(es), or street address(es);
-mention any third party company names;
-depict or encourage a violation of any law or regulation or in any way violate any law or regulation;
-depict Sponsor, Hasbro, My Little Pony, or any group or individuals negatively; or
-be previously published or appear anywhere and cannot contain any third party copyrighted material (including but not limited to music, photography or art work) or otherwise misappropriate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of a third party.
5. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Contest, and by submitting a Photo into this contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant grants to the Contest Entities a perpetual, worldwide, unlimited, irrevocable, royalty-free license and right to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Contest entrant’s name, city, state and biographical material, and the Photo uploaded by entrant (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval. For the Photo, the Licensed Rights include but are not limited to the foregoing, and the right to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Photo and to incorporate the Photo in other works in any and all markets and media worldwide in perpetuity. Entrants warrant that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to the Contest Entities and that the Contest Entities’ reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of the Photo will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for defamation, false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract. Entrants further agree: (1) that Contest Entities may exercise any and all rights hereunder without attribution, notification or compensation to Entrants; (2) that Contest Entities shall have the right to freely assign their rights hereunder, in whole or in part, to any other person or entity, without notification or approval by Entrant; (3) that Contest Entities shall have no obligation, express or implied, to use the Photo in any manner, and Entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Contest Entities’ use or non-use of Entrant’s Submission; (4) that Entrants may be contacted by the Contest Entities by telephone, mail or email regarding this Contest; and (5) to sign and deliver to the Contest Entities such documents as the Contest Entities may reasonably require to effectuate the rights granted herein.
6. SELECTION OF CONTEST WINNER: When the Contest Entry Period closes, all Photos will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by Sponsor and consisting of SF employees (“Judges”), who will select what they deem in their sole discretion to be the winning entry (the “Winner”) based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): Relevance to the Theme (1/2), Originality (1/4), and Creativity (1/4).In the event of a tie, the Judges will break the tie by selecting the tied entrant who received the highest points from the Judges for Originality as one to be the Winner. In the event a tie remains, the tied entries will be judged by an additional tie-breaking judge, using the Judging Criteria, to determine which of the tied entrants will be the Winner. Decisions of Sponsor and Judges are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Contest.
Winner will be notified via a post on the SF Facebook page if Photo was an Online Entry, or by email if the Photo was a Mail-In Entry, with winner to be notified within one (1) week after the decision (“Prize Award Period”).At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential winner’s failure to respond to notification promptly after its transmission; (2) the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) a potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) a potential winner’s failure to validly claim the prize by 8/7/2015; and (5) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
7. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. Grand Prize Winner will receive a My Little Pony animation cell and a set of the My Little Pony DVDs that SF has released. Total Grand Prize ARV: three hundred ($300 (USD)).
Prizes are not redeemable for cash and not transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. The prizes will be awarded provided they are validly claimed by 8/7/2015, after which date no alternate winner(s) will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded. All expenses related to accepting and/or using a prize not listed in these rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prize will be delivered only to an address in the United States.
All taxes on the prizes, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using the prizes not listed in these Official Rules are the responsibility of the winner.
8. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of the Contest Entities’ websites, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Contest Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest (or portion thereof).In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, Sponsor will select winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any website operated by the Contest Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
9. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Contest Entities and Facebook from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, injuries, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Contest or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). Winners assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, in whole or in part, by participating in this Contest or receipt, use or redemption of the prize(s).Each entrant, by entering, acknowledges that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of California. All taxes are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner, who may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize, if applicable.
Sponsor’s or Contest Entities’ failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In any cause of action, the Contest Entities’ liability will be limited to $250.00, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorneys’ fees and/or experts’ fees and costs. By participating in the Contest, entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS’ LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: My Little Pony SDCC Costume Contest Entries, c/o Shout! Factory, LLC, 2034 Armacost Avenue, First Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90025.Requests for winners’ lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Contest Period. VT residents may omit return postage.
12. SPONSOR: Shout! Factory, LLC, 2034 Armacost Avenue, First Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90025.