Shout! Factory is a diversified multi-platform media company (65+ employees) devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. We have a wide array of content, from feature films to classic and current TV series and from kids and family friendly animation to beautifully crafted anime. Shout! Factory also maintains a vast entertainment distribution network which delivers culturally relevant programming, movie and audio content to all the leading digital service providers and across multiple platforms. Shout! Factory owns and operates Shout! Studios, Scream Factory, Shout! Factory Kids, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Timeless Media Group and Shout! Factory TV. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. We’d love to have you join our team!
We are currently searching for a Vice President New Content Revenue Generation. This position is in charge of strategizing, selling and collaborating on the acquisition and distribution of new films and TV shows to streaming and broadcast partners. Working with SVP Content Licensing and Strategy and Sr. Broadcast Sales Consultant, the successful candidate will work in acquiring and distributing front line titles utilizing their strong relationships with the buyers at the major streaming services and cable channels.
Reports to: CEO
- Participate in the planning for Shout’s film slate strategy and annual budgeting.
- Work with VP Acquisitions to find films that are finished or in development that meet Shout Factory’s strategic criteria.
- Participate in creating world-wide financial projections for films and TV series.
- Collaborate in the acquisition of films with VP of Acquisitions and other team members.
- Attend major film festivals and markets to help acquire and sell content and build relationships.
- Collaborate in determining the distribution strategy for new films and TV shows.
- Work with VP Development to strategize and sell TV series in development phase.
- Pre-sell and/or assess the potential of films by talking to buyers during the projection/acquisition phase.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ recent experience selling films and tv series and acquiring independent feature films in varied genres domestically. Experience in foreign markets helpful.
- Experience pre-selling films and TV series to digital and cable platforms
- Expert understand of the return/value of product.
- Must have an existing network of current buyers at major streaming services and cable channels with ability to continue to grow and develop that network.
- In-depth understanding of the current film/TV industry landscape is required, as is a thorough understanding of the various digital distribution platforms, especially Streaming/TV Licensing, Transactional Video-On-Demand, Ad-Based Video On Demand, and Non-Theatrical Distribution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- The ability to work smoothly with internal and external contacts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task, nimbly jump from task to task as priority shift.
- Must be highly organized with excellent follow-through
Please send a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and interest via email to: [email protected].
Please note that inquiries regarding the status of your submission will not be able to be addressed.
Back to Job Opportunities