Ernie Kovacs: The Centennial Edition
Happy 100th Birthday, ERNIE!
To celebrate the 100th birthday of television's original genius, this collection combines the previously released volumes of groundbreaking, rule-breaking, surreal and charmingly silly comedy of Ernie Kovacs. Included are over 22 hours of decidedly offbeat entertainment from across his many television shows and specials, all of which showcase an utterly unique sensibility that has influenced such comedy institutions as Monty Python and SNL.
* Episodes From His Local And National Morning Shows
* Episodes From His NBC Prime-Time Show
* Kovacs On Music
* Five ABC TV Specials
* The Color Version of His Legendary Silent Show, "Eugene"
* His Award-Winning Commercials For Dutch Masters Cigars
* Short Films, Tributes, Rarities
* 18 Bonus Sketches Featuring Many Of His Most Beloved Characters
* 3 Complete Episodes Of His Offbeat Game Show Take A Good Look
* "A Pony For Chris" – His Rare TV Pilot For Medicine Man Co-Starring Buster Keaton
* The Lively Arts Featuring The Only Existing Filmed Solo Interview With Ernie Kovacs
* 2011 American Cinematheque Panel
Bonus Features for DVD
- 1987 ATAS Hall Of Fame Induction
- Remembering Ernie With George Schlatter And Jolene Brand
- "Baseball Film"
- Making Of "Baseball Film"
- "The Mysterious Knockwurst"
- Andy McKay 8mm Home Movies
- Percy Dovetonsils: "Ode To Stanley’s Pussycat"
- Martin Krutch, Public Eye
- Rock Mississippi In "Fingers Under Weskit"
- Howard, The World's Strongest Ant
- J. Burlington Gearshift
- "Superclod" Test
- "Take A Good Look" Clues
- "Take A Good Look" Sales Film
- "Silents Please"
- "Our Man In Havana" Behind-The-Scenes Footage
- Dutch Masters Commercials
- Trailer For "Operation Mad Ball" – "It Happened To Ernie"
- Muriel Cigars Commercials Featuring Edie Adams
- Interview: Algernon Gerard, Archaeologist
- Howard, The World's Strongest Ant: A Hot Date
- Strangely Believe It: Writers To Blame
- The Kapusta Kid In Outer Space Meets Olivia Scilloscope
- Charlie Clod In Brazil
- Ernie's Opening Monologue
- Miklos Molnar's Glue
- Percy Dovetonsils: "Ode To Electricity"
- Interview: The World At Your Doorstep
- Irving Wong: Tin Pan Alley Songwriter
- Percy Dovetonsils : "Ode To A Housefly”
- Introducing Coloratura Mimi Cosnowski
- Howard, The World's Strongest Ant: Howard's Campground
- Skodney Silsky, Hollywood Reporter
- Ernie's Opening Monologue
- Surprise Audience Member
- Audio Lost
- Matzoh Hepplewhite
- Interview With Ernie Kovacs On The Lively Arts
- "A Pony For Chris" – Pilot For Series Medicine Man
- Ernie Kovacs Panel Discussion (August 27, 2011) At The American Cinematheque In Hollywood, CA
- Home Movies: Golf With Edie And Ernie
- Original Theatrical Trailers: "Wake Me When It's Over" And "Five Golden Hours"
Color, Black and White
1951-1962 / 1956-1961
Cast & Crew