Rasputin The Mad Monk
"Christopher Lee's finest Hammer hour ... It's the part he was born to play, and he knows it." – BritishHorrorFilms.co.uk
"One of Lee's finest roles ... it seems like there is literally nothing that the man cannot do." – The Telltale Mind
Hammer Films' dual reputation for screen shock and flamboyant costume adventure meld in this tale of the real-life "holy man" whose evil charm held the fate of an entire nation in its grip.
In Czarist Russia, Rasputin (Christopher Lee), a peasant monk, mysteriously demonstrates his healing powers by saving a woman's life and asking only for wine and a Bacchanalian celebration in return. But soon Rasputin uses his evil charm and powers to become increasingly manipulative and violent. Ferocious, devious and other-worldly, this uncouth peasant ingratiates himself bit by bit into the lives of the sophisticated royal class ... Christopher Lee's multi-layered performance as Rasputin rates as one of the best portrayals in any film.
Bonus Features for Blu-ray
- Presented In Two Aspect Ratios – 2.35:1 And 2.55:1
- NEW Audio Commentary With Author/Film Historian Steve Haberman, Filmmaker/Film Historian Constantine Nasr, And Filmmaker/Film Historian Ted Newsom
- Tall Stories: The Making Of Rasputin The Mad Monk
- Brought To Book: Hammer Novelisations
- World of Hammer Episodes: COSTUMERS And CHRISTOPHER LEE
- Audio Commentary With Stars Christopher Lee, Barbara Shelley, Francis Matthews, And Suzan Farmer
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- Still Gallery