RoboCop 2 [Collector's Edition]
Product Note: The limited edition poster has sold out.
RoboCop returns to fight his toughest opponent yet: his replacement!
RoboCop 2 pits two unstoppable cyborgs against each other in a battle to the death! When Detroit's descent into chaos is further compounded by a police department strike and a new designer drug called "Nuke," only RoboCop can stop the mayhem. But in his way are an evil corporation that profits from Motor City crime and a bigger and tougher cyborg with a deadly directive: Take out RoboCop. Containing the latest gadgetry and weaponry as well as the mind of the madman who designed "Nuke," this new cyborg isn't just more sophisticated than his predecessor... he's psychotic and out of control! And it's going to take everything RoboCop has – maybe even his life – to save Detroit from complete and utter anarchy.
Why We Love It
"RoboCop 2 is ultra-violent, agitprop sci-fi cinema at its finest…Shout! delivers an upgraded image transfer and a dynamic sound mix. The extras are bountiful with some invaluable archival footage. With my HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION, this Collector's Edition is a MUST OWN." – Dr. Stephen Larson, Blu-ray.com
"The intricacies of RoboCop’s armor, in all of its chrome blue glory, look better than ever, while both facial textures and costumes look more defined. Color reproduction is also impressive, particularly in many of the city streets at night, with a variety of hues apparent. Black levels are quite deep, with excellent brightness and contrast." – Tim Salmons, The Digital Bits
“RoboCop 2 is an intriguing and often fun action film with a lot of humor attempting to veil its thin criticism of corporate corruption…Scream Factory has done a fantastic job with both transfer and extras, and fans will want to own this Collector's Edition.” – Ryne Barber, The Moon is a Dead World
"Robocop 2 looks great on Blu-ray. You can see the ’90s idea of the future in clear detail. Neon light shines brightly down on the debris strewn streets. Robocop himself is shiny with purple tints and all the detail in the stop motion is highlighted." – Fred Topel, Nerd Report
"Scream Factory’s Collector’s Edition Blu-ray is a definitive release, with a spectacular transfer and a plethora of insightful special features that detail the film’s troubled production." – Adam Frazier, Geeks of Doom
Bonus Features for Blu-ray
- NEW 2K Scan Of The Interpositive
- NEW Audio Commentary With Author/CG Supervisor Paul M. Sammon
- NEW Audio Commentary With The Makers Of "RoboDoc: The Creation Of RoboCop" Documentary – Gary Smart, Chris Griffiths And Eastwood Allen
- NEW Corporate Wars: The Making Of ROBOCOP 2 – Featuring New And Vintage Interviews With Director Irvin Kershner, Producer Jon Davidson, Cast Members Tom Noonan, Nancy Allen, Galyn Görg, Executive Producer Patrick Crowley, And More!
- NEW Machine Parts: The FX Of ROBOCOP 2 – Featuring Phil Tippett, Peter Kuran, Craig Hayes, Jim Aupperle, Kirk Thatcher, Paul Gentry, Don Waller, Justin Kohn, Randal Dutra And Kevin Kutchaver
- NEW Robo-Fabricator – An Interview With RoboCop Armor Fabricator James Belohovek
- NEW Adapting Frank Miller's ROBOCOP 2 – An Interview With Comic Book Writer Steven Grant
- NEW OCP Declassified – A Collection Of Rare Archival Production And Behind-The-Scenes Videos Including Interviews With Director Irvin Kershner, Actors Peter Weller, Dan O'Herlihy And A Look At The Filming Of Some Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailer
- Teaser Trailers
- TV Spots
- Deleted Scenes Still Gallery
- Still Galleries (Behind-The-Scenes Photos, Stills, Posters And Lobby Cards)
Cast & Crew