TerrorVision / The Video Dead [Double Feature]
TERRORVISION (1986, R)
Life will never be the same for the Putterman family in Terrorvision. Stanley Putterman (Gerrit Graham) installs a state-of-the-art satellite dish in his backyard. Through a cosmic accident, a wayward monster's energy is beamed across galaxies, into the satellite and onto the Puttermans' television set. The Puttermans don't notice any changes, only better reception and a strange monster continually appearing on the screen. But when the monster leaps off the screen and into the Puttermans' living room, terror erupts, as it needs to feed on humans for its survival!
THE VIDEO DEAD (1987, R)
On a quiet, tree-lined street, evil has arrived in a most ordinary way, an old television set. It receives a single channel, one that not only shows the same film over and over – a horror film where zombies rise from the grave to kill – but also frees the gnarled, evil monsters….and once out, they’re not going back! They like the real world. They’ve already killed five people and want more blood…and a new family is moving into the neighborhood!
Why We Love It
"THE VIDEO DEAD is an entertainingly low rent little zombie flick." — Daily Grindhouse
"Ted Nicolaou’s TERRORVISION, a 1986 pic out of Charles Band’s Empire Pictures, is pretty much the definition of a “cult film” in the purest sense. It’s one of those films that a small segment of viewers love and are unnaturally obsessed with, having spent the last twenty years trying to find a copy of the ancient Lightning Video release and scouring torrent sites in order to hope that someone recorded the airing of the film on MGM HD, enabling them to see the film, at last, in its’ proper format." — Daily Grindhouse
Bonus Features for Blu-ray/DVD
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Ted Nicolaou and Stars Diane Franklin and Jon Gries
- Monsters on Demand: The Making of “TERRORVISION” - An all-new retrospective with Writer/Director Ted Nicolaou, Stars Gerrit Graham, Mary Woronov, Diane Franklin, Jon Gries, Chad Allen, Ian Patrick Williams, Special Make-up Effects Creator John Carl Buechl
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Producer/Director Robert Scott, Editor Bob Sarles, and Special Make-up Effects Creator Dale Hall, Jr.
- Audio Commentary with stars Roxanna Augesen and Rocky Duvall, Production Manager Jacques Thelemaque, and Make-up Assistant Patrick Denver
- Pre-recorDEAD - All new interviews with Make-up effects creator Dale Hall, Jr. and Make-up Assistant Patrick Denver
- Theatrical Trailer
- Behind-the-Scenes Still Gallery
1986 / 1987
Cast & Crew