Urban Legend [Collector's Edition]
Product Note: The limited edition poster has SOLD OUT as of December 19, 2018.
"A teen-age moviegoers's dream" – Janet Maslin, The New York Times
When New England college student Natalie (Alicia Witt, TV's The Exorcist) finds herself at the center of a series of sadistic murders seemingly inspired by urban legends, she resolves to find the truth about her school's own legend: a twenty-five-year-old story of a student massacre at the hands of an abnormal Psych professor. As the fraternities prepare to celebrate the macabre anniversary, Natalie discovers that she is the focus of the crazed killer's intentions in the ultimate urban legend – the unfolding story of her own horrific murder.
Why We Love It
“Scream Factory has rehashed the same fine HD transfer that Sony used ten years ago but greatly amplifies the 5.1 sound track with a robust DTS-HD MA mix. The new Urban Legacy documentary is comprehensive and thorough. For franchise fans, it's worth the price of this set. There's also a rock-solid group commentary track that exceeds the older one (which is also included here) and archival B-roll footage that will satisfy the most ardent collectors. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to series fans as well those of Jared Leto's.” – Dr. Stephen Larson, Blu-ray.com
“Urban Legend is a late 90’s Slasher Classic that Scream Factory has given the A-List Treatment too. Hours of special features, beautiful transfer makes this a HIGHEST POSSIBLE RECOMMENDATIONS!!!” – A.W. Kautzer, The Movie Aisle
“Urban Legend has aged quite well in the last 20 years and has always been a very well made, fun and thrilling slasher film from the 90s slasher revival. Scream Factory gives it a terrific audio and video presentation as well. They’ve also given us an INSANELY impressive, lengthy and detailed chronicle of the film with the new two and a half hour documentary on the film that makes this release one of year’s absolute best. Horror fans and slashers should pick this one up as soon as it releases!” – Brandon Peters, Why So Blu
“Bonus materials here total up to over 4 and a half hours: NO JOKE. That’s almost longer, or the length of all three films made so far in this franchise – JUST in bonus materials for this first film. That should leave you very happy. It definitely lives up to the “Collector’s Edition” part of the name. This is well worth getting to replace that old Blu-ray if you’re looking to watch hours and hours of additional content, as well as listen to the audio commentary tracks.” – Justin Sluss, High Def Disc News
“This two-disc Collector's Edition release of Urban Legend from Shout! Factory subset Scream Factory is a must-own for horror fans. This fun 1998 horror film features some A-list actors in early roles, has plenty of meta references, and the story - about a killer who uses urban legends to murder college students - is unique. The Blu-ray offers decent A/V specs, an excellent feature-length documentary and tons of behind-the-scenes footage. Highly Recommended.” – William Harrison, DVD Talk
Bonus Features for Blu-ray
- NEW Audio Commentary With Director Jamie Blanks, Producer Michael McDonnell, Assistant Edgar Pablos, Moderated By Author Peter M. Bracke
- Audio Commentary With Director Jamie Blanks, Writer Silvio Horta, And Actor Michael Rosenbaum
- Theatrical Trailer
- NEW Urban Legacy – An Eight-Part Documentary On The Making Of Urban Legend (147 Minutes) Including Interviews With Director Jamie Blanks, Writer Silvio Horta, Executive Producers Brad Luff And Nick Osborne, Producers Neal Moritz, Gina Matthews, And Michael McDonnell, Chairman And CEO Of Phoenix Pictures Mike Medavoy, Production Designer Charles Breen, Director Of Photography James Chressanthis, Editor Jay Cassidy, Composer Christopher Young, Actors Alicia Witt, Michael Rosenbaum, Natasha Gregson Wagner, Robert Englund, Loretta Devine, Rebecca Gayheart, Tara Reid, And Danielle Harris, Assistant Edgar Pablos, Author Peter M. Bracke, And More...
- NEW Behind-The-Scenes Footage
- NEW Extended Interviews From The Eight-Part Documentary
- Archival Making Of Featurette
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scene
- TV Spots