"... [a] haunting thriller in the classic mode." – Film Daily
Herbert Lom stars as The Phantom in Hammer Films' celebrated production of Gaston Leroux's horror classic.
Mysterious mishaps bedevil a London opera house, but when tragedy strikes during an opening night performance, it's clear that these "accidents" are the deliberate work of a deranged madman – The Phantom. When Christine (Heather Sears), the young star of a new musical is contacted by the shadowy specter, her producer investigates, tracking the ghostly Phantom to his secret underground lair.
More than an evil apparition, The Phantom proves to be a brilliant composer. Disfigured and nearly destroyed, he now demands his hellish revenge. Christine, his new star, is his one weakness, and he pays the ultimate price to keep his love alive.
- NEW 2K Scan From The Interpositive – Two Aspect Ratios 1.85:1 And 1.66:1
- NEW Audio Commentary With Film Historians Troy Howarth And Nathaniel Thompson (1.85:1 Version)
- NEW Audio Commentary With Author/Film Historian Steve Haberman And Filmmaker/Film Historian Constantine Nasr (1.66:1 Version)
- NEW The Men Who Made Hammer: Anthony Hinds
- NEW Phantom Triumphant: Edwin Astley And Hammer's Horror Opera – An Interview With Author David Huckvale
- NEW Herbert Lom: The Soul Behind The Mask – An Interview With Film Historian/Screenwriter/Novelist C. Courtney Joyner
- NEW Interview With Special Effects Artist Brian Johnson
- "The Making Of Phantom Of The Opera" – Narrated By Edward De Souza Plus Interviews With Richard Golen, Alan Lavender, And Edward De Souza
- The Longer TV Version (In Standard Definition)
- Theatrical Trailer
- Still Gallery
The Phantom of the Opera
|Herbert Lom||The Phantom (Prof. L. Petrie)|
|Heather Sears||Christine Charles|
|Edward de Souza||Harry Hunter|
|Michael Gough||Lord Ambrose d'Arcy|
|Basil Keys||Associate Producer|